Disney Dream

Disney Dream

Thursday, March 31, 2011

Small World Nursery

When I booked time in Small world Nursery for my 15 month old son, the plan was him to be there to play with toys and be around other kids.  My thought was that after being stuck in a stroller for a week at WDW he would want playtime.   I also only booked him for and hour at a time.   We were also travelling with 4 people who could watch him or push around the ship in his stroller.

The staff were  very friendly staff but one major flaw for us.  MY baby is use to being at the nursery at the gym.  However I always set him down in the room, give him a minute to settle and then say goodbye and let him play.    Here they took your child from you, passed him to a staff person on the other side of the gate and did not let you inside the nursery area.  

This may work for some children but it really didn't work for mine.  He never really settled, so the staff would assume he was tired and put him down to sleep.   So when we picked him up he was in a crib.  Not really the purpose of the nursery I had in mind.

By the end of the second day my poor son was so traumatized by the nursery that we only use 3 1/2 hours of our 10 hours we were allowed.  He was much happier with us.

I am not saying that the nursery wouldn't work for other parents, but it just didn't meet what I needed it for. 

Upon our return it took two weeks for me to get him back into the routine of not freaking out when I dropped him off at the nursery.  Thank fully he is now once again happy to go to the nursery at the gym.

No comments:

Post a Comment