Disney Dream

Disney Dream

Sunday, March 6, 2011

February 21st - Epcot

The morning we made a great start, our reservation was set for 9:50 and we arrived at Epcot in time for the rope drop.

Meagan, Jeff and Sarah, Beelined it to Test Track to get fast passes, while I tried to find Pixie Hollow which wasn't on the map, but the times guide said that Tinkerbell would be there starting at 9:30.  I thought I would find it and stand in line so the kids could see Tinkerbell and we would still make our dining in time.  However this was not to be,  after asking 5 CM they all told me to go toward test track turn right, go past the bathrooms, follow the path to the mouse gear store and it would be there (labeled).  We get there and see nothing.  So we stood around with other parents confused.  At 9:30 we gave up and started heading to our reservations, by the baby station building.  Looking to our right we spotted a banner, instead of turning at the fountain we should have gone straight.  So at 9:35 we got in line, and at 9:37 they closed the line.... PHEW  just made it.

Tinker Bell and Terrace were fabulous.  They chat away the entire time, no rushing kids or anything.  I would put a photo in but I was using photo pass so I didn't take any photos with my camera.  (yes I prebought the photopass for $99).

So off to a reservation (again 20 minutes late).  We had a fabulous meal (though I was worried as I had heard it wasn't good lately).  The baby loved the princesses.


Shortly after this photo, my hubby decided to change a stinky diaper,  Let's just say that the baby returned in no clothes and a diaper.  Fortunately I had extra clothes with me for him.

Next we went to sign up for Kim Possible.  We had to wait for our time so Sarah, Meagan and Jeff went off to ride Fast Track with fast passes and MIL, Gillian, baby and I sat outside waiting for them to return.

Gillian decided to cool off in a spray fountain area,  I had a towel with me as I had brought it in case the baby got sick again, so she used it to dry off. MIL and Gillian then went into inoventions while I waited for the others and the baby slept.  After we all got back together we went shopping at mousegear, yet another spot that gave me 20% of my purchase.

Then it was time to head off to Save the World with Kim Possible.  Knowing our children we had two communicators and went to 2 different countries (China and Mexico).  The kids loved every minute of it.
After we were done we headed to the front of the park to be picked up by the DVC van and attend a presentation.  It was great for the girls they could play and cool down and we got coffee and cookies. 

Our DVC presenter was warned that I knew everything about DVC already, and as it turned out I knew more about Disney than her in general.  For instance she had no idea that toon town was closed for good.  She also hadn't thought about the fact that renting points and then paying cash for a cruise would be a better use of your points.  We spent 1/2 hour talking about her upcoming vacation and I convinced her that a membership of touringplans would be useful as she could get a plan for her visit the next week.

In the end, when the prices were presented, MIL, could not see the value of spending money this way.  She felt we would be better off investing our money to educate our children, like she did.  She also said then we would be stuck to vacation just in Disney (which isn't a bad thing).  Well hubby started thinking about it and crunching numbers and decided this would not be the best idea at this point.  But we did get our super fast passes :)

We returned back to our villa, for dinner and swimming. 

After putting the kids to bed,  Sarah, Jeff and I headed to the Magic Kingdom to ride some adult rides.  We did pirates(my first time), Jungle cruise, haunted mansion(where we got stuck at the very beginning) and Winnie the pooh (OK not a kids ride but it was a 5 minute wait).  We also stopped at every photo pass photographer and got photos with the castle.  Jeff started feeling crappy so we headed back to our villa.

No comments:

Post a Comment