Disney Dream

Disney Dream

Saturday, March 5, 2011

February Trip to WDW - getting ready to fly out and arriving in Orlando

My trip started on February 18th, with my hubby and I loading the van with 4 suitcases, 7 crayons, a stroller and 7 people (my hubby and I, the 4 kids 16, 9, 7 and 1 and the MIL). We were stuffed in like sardines. Next off to dinner at swiss chalet, then off to the Hotel at the airport for the night.

The 45 minute drive ended up taking 2 hours because of an accident on the 401. Finally we arrived at the airport hotel checked in and got into our room. Everything went smoothly and we got everyone in bed and asleep by 9:30 to get up for an early flight at 7am on Feb 19.

I didn't sleep well it could have been the excitement or the strange bed, but at 4:30am the wake up call rang in both of our adjoining rooms. Of course the people beside the phones, the hubby and MIL both didn't answer the phone. In fact we received 3 calls before they did.

By 5am the 7 of us trudged through the hotel to the tram. Both my hubby and MIL are annoying on travels day (something I was well aware of prior to booking this vacation). I had instructed my hubby to stick with his mom and I would take care of the children. This way they would not annoy me.

We arrived in the airport got our bag tags and headed for the long trip through customs and security.

This is the first time travelling with a baby so I had packed oranges (something you can't bring through customs now I know), grapes, blueberries and lots of cereal, goldfish and other baby snacks. We had to go in the glass doors for them to take our oranges from us (ironically they had been shipped to Canada from the US). Everyone was pleasant about it though. Next through security screening. Because we had a stroller we had to go through a special line, it was very simple to get through with the baby liquids and such. Then off to our gate.

We arrived at our gate at 6:30 and they were already boarding the plane (I should mention that while waiting in the customs line there were people behind us who's flight was leaving at 6:30). We made a quick stop at tim Hortons for food, water and coffee for the us and the kids for the flight.

We settled in on the plane. I used the CARES-kids fly safe for the baby. It worked fabulously. He was great on the whole flight. He didn't fuss much and of course fell asleep on final descent. We packed ourselves up and got off the plane.

I went with the kids and MIL to pick up luggage while hubby went to sign out the car. We loaded a cart with our luggage and went down to meet hubby. This was around the first time on this trip that I was told by my MIL that the baby was doing really good, and that she had thought we were crazy taking a baby to Disney World.

We found our car, got a car seat, loaded everyone into the car and we were off to our Villa in Kissimmee.

No comments:

Post a Comment