Disney Dream

Disney Dream

Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Feb 25 - Hollywood studios and more illneses

This was Friday, our  breakfast was booked for Hollywood and Vine.  I always like eating here as I love the atmosphere and the food.  Luckily I still have small children who love playhouse disney.  One thing I have learned is this place is not busy, in fact on this day there was about 20 tables at the most.  The kids got lots of interaction with the characters.

My 9 year old Gillian loved getting up and dancing with the characters during the song time.  Meagan however was very quiet (this should have been my first clue that she wasn't feeling the best)

We had already gotten our fast passes for Toy Story Mania and our return time was 3pm (yes at 9:30 in the morning).

The characters for this breakfast were Leo and June, Handy Manny and Oso.  Leo was so much fun.  He picked on our waitress.  They joked at the fact that his glasses had no lenses and that he wore contacts.  He was so funny.  As the restaurant wasn't busy the characters ended up playing a fake game of baseball at the entrance.  Well my girls both thought this was the best thing ever!!!!!!      I really enjoyed this morning.

The one thing I noticed at Hollywood Studios was I was asked for ID using my tables in Wonderland and making purchases using my Annual Pass to get the discount.  Something no one had asked me for all week.  Also it appears that many AP holders don't carry ID, because the Cast Members were grateful when I easily was able to present it.  Though I don't know why an adult wouldn't carry any ID (unless you are my MIL who left her license at home and had no ID when asked for it to make credit card purchases)  Again not going there.

So after breakfast we went to the Animation Academy.  Here they have a drawing workshop that runs every half hour.  They only take about 30 people a session, so it is advisable to arrive a 1/2 hour before to get in.   So while we waited, Gillian went to see Lotso bear.

When we got into the class, MIL wasn't going to draw because she felt she wasn't an artist.  I told her she was in the count and so she sat down and drew.   We did Buzz light year.  It was so much fun (though mine did not look a thing like buzz.  Gillian loved it most of all.  She wanted to do it again later.

Outside we went to look for another autograph book as the girls had filled up two already.  Then with baby sleeping I sent the family in to see voyage of the little mermaid.  I walked the streets of Hollywood studios.  I found out one thing.  Nowhere will they allow strollers inside at HS.  So I walked for an hour.  I returned and found Jeff and Meagan.  Meagan complained about being sick so Jeff took her out of the show. 

Next Jeff and Sarah went to do Tower of Terror and get fast passes for Rockin Roller Coaster.  The had been to go to the playground, but Gillian wanted to draw again.  So after much fuss (I really needed my cell phone) it was decided that my MIL(dragging her feet) and Gillian would go draw and Meagan, baby (still sleeping and I would go to the park).  Meagan lasted only 5 minutes at the park, and thankfully Jeff and Sarah appeared.   I sent Jeff with the baby and Meagan back to the animation building to find his mom, while Sarah and I went in search of a carrot cake cookie.

We made a stop in the Muppet store where I bought the most awesome winter hat.
The lady at the cash asked me if it wasn't too hot outside for the hat.  I giggled and said not at home in Canada (sadly I have yet to have a chance to wear it).

Finally I found the writers stop (which is not on the map, seriously Disney put it on the map.  I got my carrot cake cookie and man it was sooooo good.


We headed back to the animation  building and found Gillian and MIL waiting on a bench.  She was big on not moving so she wouldn't loose us.  Jeff missed her when he arrived.  Inside I found Meagan sleeping on a cushioned bench and Jeff chasing the baby around.  So Gillian and MIL (who was not happy about it) went to make another drawing, Jeff and Sarah went to ride Rockin Roller Coaster and I stayed with sleeping Meagan and active baby.

It was at this point I started thinking I should give up on Toy story Mania.  Meagan clearly wasn't well and at this point I was sure she had strep throat.  She was sleeping so I left her (I was told by CM that she was not the only one who has ever done this.)   Jeff returned, and then so did Gillian and MIL.  He decided I should do the only ride I have talked about for years and years.  So Sarah, Gillian and I headed to Toy story Mania with our fast passes.   The ride was fabulous. If Meagan wasn't so sick I would have gone again with our other 3 fast passes.  I decided to give two of them to someone and keep the third for my scrapbook.   I found a mother and daughter looking at the wait time and then after some discussion heading into the line for the 90 minute wait.  I offered her my fast passes and her eyes lit up and she hugged me.   It totally made my day and I understand why people make magical moments for perfect strangers.

Thankfully Meagan was still under the weight limit for our rented stroller and she fit in it.  So I carried the baby on my back in my ergo and we put the very sick Meagan in the stroller and headed for the car.  When we reached the car some people were talking to the CM if the entrance was close enough to walk or if they should take the tram.  The CM was saying it all depended on how much you want to walk.  I chimed in saying I had just walked there with the baby on my back so it was doable (plus you could see the entrance.  lol)

Anyway back at the villa, Jeff called our insurance company 20 minutes on hold.  Then he was off.  The nearby clinic was open but not taking patients, they sent him to one that was closed, so he headed to another one he saw earlier.  It was closed, but the guy at the store sent him to a pediatric clinic.  This is when I discovered he could call our phone in the villa , but I couldn't call him because his number wasn't local.  Frustrating.  He arrived back with Meagan around 8:30 and we headed our looking for a pharmacy.  we missed on by 5 minutes, so we were sent 8 miles away to a 24 hour one.  Finally at 10pm we arrived back at the villa with Medicine for poor little Meagan.

Beaches and Cream had been in our plans, but both of us were exhausted so we settled on Wendy's and went to bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment