Disney Dream

Disney Dream

Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Day 3 - Castaway Cay

Today was the day when the group photo was taken on Castaway Cay.  I personally didn't make it, as you know when you travel with 4 kids and your MIL, things just don't always go the way you would like them too.

You may recall that I was up until 3ish the night before and  the baby woke me up for the first time at 6am (at which point I may have still been drunk and I blame Lou).  So when I finally got out of bed at 8am  I was moving slowly,  MIL arrived shortly after that (I will have a blog later about my advice when travelling with your relatives, one will include the time you can arrive at my cabin).  We got everyone dressed,  Jeff and I went to have some breakfast at Cabanas while the kids ate breakfast in the room and watched TV.

Jeff and I agreed that on the beach he would stay with the girls and I would take care of the baby.  The last thing I did was put sunscreen on the 2 girls and the baby and we were off to the beach.

We decided not to bring the stroller as it would be impossible to push in the sand, so the baby was on my back in his Ergo.  The girls wanted to walk to the beach, so with my scavenger hunt in hand we were off walking.   Before we arrived at the beach,  the baby had fallen asleep.  I walked to the water and stood in it and then told my hubby that it was hard to walk on the sand and balance with the baby on my back, so I was going in search of scavenger hunt items.

 You can see Gillian and I standing neat mount Rustmore reading the sign.  the baby is sleeping on my back.
We had just talked to Minnie, and I made sure to tell her my friend Suz misses her.

 The girls made a sandcastle, using the sand buckets we purchased on the island.  (yet another thing I had to pack in our suitcases).

Just before lunch the girls got to dance with Minnie.  I am sad I missed this moment.

So while the others were on the beach, I walked around the island.  Right as I sat down to eat my lunch, the baby woke up and the two of us had a fabulous meal together.

Than we went back to the boat so he could have a nap and go play in the splash area.

I met back up with the family shortly before 2, as we wanted to ride the aquaduck.  Jeff took Ashley to the nursery ( and this was the last time we dropped him off as it traumatized him more in another blog post).

top of the stairway of the Aqua Duck
The aquaduck was fun I went down twice with my Meagan, and Jeff went down with her once.  I have to say that I loved this ride, it was so much fun and I am not a ride person.
Gillian and the others went to see Tangled at the theatre.  They loved the theatre.

I went to try out the rain forest at the spa and had a nap in the heated chairs (staying up late had taken it's tole on me).

Then it was time to get ready for Pirate night.   I mentioned earlier that I put sunscreen on my younger children, however it was around this time that I found out that Sarah didn't use any.  YIKES!!!!  You can imagine the colour of her skin after being out in the sun in a bikini for 5 hours.  Yep it was bad.  She went to the doctor to buy some cream to put on it.   I will tell you that travelling with a 16 year old teen with a burn that bad is not that much fun.

 It was also our first night at Royal Palace.






The pirate menu


 The meal was fabulous  I had the pot stickers (which I loved loved loved) and Jack Sparrow. 

We missed the pirate party as we could not find our navigator(our room hostess cleaned our room so well that she would put everything away).  We did make the fireworks and wow they were fabulous.


After the kids went to bed Jeff and I went to the district to hang out with the adults.   We started the evening at Pink where I had a very good glass of $20 champagne.  (I looked for it her back home and a bottle of it would cost me $300, so I have great taste in Champagne)  We then headed to 678.  There we met a guy not in our group and started chatting.  He honestly was wishing he was a part of our group.  The funniest thing was during this conversation that a man at the end of the bar suddenly looked up and said are you talking about the "Lou Mongello" group.  He then said his wife dragged him on the cruise as she was a Disney Nut.  Jeff was pleased to find another husband like him.  Now who was this man, none other than Andy.  :)

We ended the night at evolution.

As we went to bed that night, I was sad that we only had one more day on the cruise.

No comments:

Post a Comment