Disney Dream

Disney Dream

Monday, March 7, 2011

Feb 23 - Epcot and the start of illness

Today we had  reservations at 1900 Park Fare.  We got up and out on time and headed to the TTC.  As usual 10 minutes into our drive we realized that no one brought their camera and seeing as today was Mary Poppins, Alice and the Mad Hatter we had to turn around.  We arrived at our reservation exactly at 10:15 our reservation time.  We were told there would be a 20 minute wait so we decided to spend some time admiring the Grand Flo.  Everyone was impressed with it's decor and sarah announced that she was going to become a billionaire and buy the hotel. 

Meagan, the baby and myself headed outside to the beach area.  It was so nice and relaxing, a nice change from the hustle and bustle of  getting everyone in the car each morning.  (It was at this point I decided I would not stay off site again).  The baby stood in sand for the first time.  He didn't know what to think of it, and he would not move from the spot he was sitting.  Did I mention how much I enjoyed these 20 minutes?  The sun, the sand and the water,  SIGH to go back to these moments.  The baby exploring sand, Meagan building a sand castle by hand.  Then all too soon it was time to eat.

I broke my rule of not taking pre-breakfast photos for them to sell us at outrageous prices when I saw the backdrop.  The photo didn't turn out to badly, if only my MIL would smile instead of looking grumpy in the photo.

We had a fabulous server named June.  She was friendly and very accommodating.  Breakfast was wonderful, though it took 15 minutes for the chef to cook my omelet (and this was from the time the eggs hit the skillet to when I got my omelet, not the time waiting to order).  Everyone had finished eating before I even started.  I had to run back while it was cooking to get my photo with Mary Poppins.


 They even had the great juice that you also get at Tusker house.

Soon after this photo Jeff started feeling horrible

After breakfast, the girls insisted on going to Epcot to do Kim Possible.  Choosing it over the Magic Kingdom.  So we were off to Epcot.


one of the topiarys for flower and garden
We arrived at Epcot and signed up for our missions, then headed to Club Kool.  The baby needed a change so I left the family and Sarah and I headed to the baby change room.  When we returned the girls played in a fountain splash area and then we headed to England for our Kim Possible mission.  Jeff was not feeling well so he sat on a bench while we split up and Meagan and I did England, while Sarah MIL and Gillian did France.  Then we switch with Jeff going to France with Meagan and MIL and Sarah and Gillian going to England.   The girls had so much fun.

Gillian wanted to meet Rosetta so we picked up a snack and water and  headed to Pixie Hollow  with Sarah and MIL, while Jeff, Meagan and Baby went to rest at the baby care centre.

After the fairies, we arrived at the baby care centre, to find Jeff really sick, we made a stop at first aid and they gave him sudafed, something for pain and throat stuff.  I was surprised that they didn't have any nurses on duty to take a look at his symptoms as in the Magic Kingdom I have seen a nurse.  Jeff took the medicine, and off we went back to our villa.

Jeff went to sleep and I didn't hear from him until the morning.  I took the kids swimming, fed them and then they watched a movie.  Sarah and I ran to the store to pick up something for us to eat for dinner. I then watched Lou eat the burger and fries I had planned to have that night on my computer.

No comments:

Post a Comment