Disney Dream

Disney Dream

Monday, March 7, 2011

Feb 24 - First Haircut, Walk in Clinics and Magical Moments

Jeff woke up this morning still not feeling up to par, but not willing to miss the baby's first hair cut at Harmony Barbershop.  So after calling our insurance to find out where to go we headed to the Magic Kingdom.

It was an extra Magic hours day.  We were let in since we had reservations.  It was only Jeff and Me and the baby, since we were headed to the clinic after the haircut.  We had about 20 minutes to wait so I went to the main street bakery for something sweet and some coffee.  I also had to get my photo with Roy and Minnie.

I walked up mainstreet trying to read all the windows.  Everyone else was running up the street.

At 9am the barbershop opened and it was time for the haircut.  Margaret was  the one to cut the babies hair.  The first thing she did was cover him in Mickey Mouse Stickers.

Then she cut off the hair to save for us, and then styled his hair.
He was so good and in the end had a perfect cut.


Next we headed to the clinic.  Of course the paperwork the insurance company didn't arrive, so we had to pay for the visit.  While Jeff was waiting I took a walk around the nearby Walmart while the baby slept on my back in the ergo.  Finally just before noon Jeff still hadn't been seen so I left him there and took the baby back to the villa for lunch and a nap.  This is when things between the MIL and I started to go bad. 

Having a 16yr old daughter I am use to asking her to do things for me, so I asked her to put him down for a nap after he finished the lunch I prepared for him.  I also made sure to give the girls lunch as well.  Plus my MIL was mad at the fact I left her son at the clinic.  Seriously he is 35 years old and we have 4 children. 

So I headed back and when I returned he was done and was diagnosed with Strep.  (Great, especially since I kiss the guy)   After another 20 minutes at the pharmacy in Walmart we were on our way back to our villa.  

Jeff took a nap with the baby, while  I took the girls swimming.  Now as a former lifeguard I have strict rules around a pool.  I do not let my girls in the deep end (even though they can pass a swimming test to be there )  without me, Jeff or a lifeguard there.  My MIL was quite upset by this, but honestly I have never seen this women swim in my life so I have no idea if she could actually help my child.  So this too became a point of tension on this trip.

Jeff arrived with the baby after sleeping an hour and the baby swam as well.  Before we knew it, it was time to get cleaned up and dressed for Chef Mickey. 

We drove to the contemporary, parked and headed inside, early for our reservation.  While the girls, baby and MIL shopped in the shops, Sarah and I ran over to the park to use our super fast passes so we would be able to ride certain rides after dinner.

We arrived back in time to see the space shuttle launch.  Of course if you were looking in the wrong spot or you blinked you would have missed it.  For my friends who have never seen a launch, it is like a yellow line going straight up into the sky.  Because of the cloud that is all we could see, so we watched the rest on the TV.  Then it was time for our dinner.

Our server Thomas was fabulous.  (we were so lucky this trip to have CM who just went above and beyond).  I decided that at this dinner we would celebrate all the kids birthdays.  They all got their birthday buttons and got to blow out candles on cupcakes.

After dining we drove to the MK and as we entered the park it was 5 minutes from the start of the Main Street Electrical Parade and there was a spot right on the curb in front of the train station.  Fabulous timing for us.  The baby and the girls loved the parade.

Next we followed the parade up to the hub and headed into fantasyland.  Where we rode Peter pan and small world and watched the fire works, not the best spot but we saw them.

 After the fireworks,  Jeff, Sarah and Meagan went to ride space mountain while Gillian, MIL , baby and I went on Winnie the pooh.  We met up in tomorrowland and went on buzzz lightyear.  Then Jeff, Sarah and Meagan went on Space mountain, while the rest of us went on the people mover twice.

On our way out a lady approached us and handed us three super fastpasses for any ride.  Clearly they had been stuck on something.  They could be used anytime on any ride until Monday.  Our Magical moment.  :)

Then it was time to head back to our villa.  Everyone was tired but it was a fabulous evening.

1 comment:

  1. OMIGOD YOU SAW THE SPACE SHUTTLE LAUNCH I AM SO JEALOUS!!!!!
    Love the pictures of Ashley's haircut, he is so cute :)

    ReplyDelete