Disney Dream

Disney Dream

Friday, March 18, 2011

Disney Dream here we come

For those of you who don't know, this part of the trip was a group cruise, with podcaster Lou Mongello and 500 of my closest Disney Friends.

We woke up looking forward to heading to the Dream, most of all hoping for some relaxation and some down time on the boat.

We packed up the car and were on the road by 9am.  We returned the rental car and headed to the cruiseline desk (of course we were on the wrong side).  MIL found this annoying too.  Once at the desk we checked in.  The person checking me in, gave me our bus tickets, MIL made sure we were on the same bus (though at this point I would have been happy to be on different buses - her room and reservations were separate from ours.)   I had to change the baby and as I came out I could tell we had been called by the nervous/anxious stance of my MIL.  We got into line and noticed that we were missing 3 tickets.  Of course.

After working with the CM she arrived with our tickets but there wasn't room for all of us on that bus.  I thought MIL was going to hit the roof.   Finally the CM rented us 2 towncars to go to the port in.  Best of all I had an hour without my MIL.  It was fabulous.

We arrived at the port got through security and met for the first time in line Cindy and Tim.  We had quite the production going through security with 4 kids, and they had left their 4 kids at home so we become Kindred Spirits.  We got checked in and received our boarding number 25 and sat to wait. 


We got on board shortly after 1:30 and our rooms were ready, so off we went to find our cabins. 





We went up to get some lunch.  Once seated at Cabanna's I ran to get my registration package and sign up for stateroom tours. 

I briefly met Lou, Beci and Annette and then rushed off to eat.

The food was fabulous.  I ordered the drink of the day as I needed a drink.

After lunch the girls went to swim (well stand in a spot in the pool as everyone else was standing in it as well),  then it was time for the muster drill.

Off we went to our location at the WD theatre.  Then back to our cabins to get ready for dinner and try to get the baby to nap a bit.

Our luggage arrived so we unpacked, got the baby to sleep a little (though he was over tired and it took some time.)   We missed the sail away party, but after a rushed day we needed to relax a bit.

Dinner was at animators palate, we had main dining.  I was excited to be in a room full of Disney fans, and I had my bingo sheet(a part of our group cruise) in  hand.  So I was off meeting people, getting squares filled in and enjoying making quick friends.   My drink server, was a little annoyed with me as I was never at the table when he wanted.   Once food started arriving I sat down and enjoyed the atomosphere.  

Now we had Palo reservations for 8:30, so I didn't want to fill up on anything, so I had an appetizer.   Sarah got sea sick before her meal arrived so she went back to the room to rest.   Dinner went quickly, there was so much going on Bruce, Crush and many other nemo fish swimming around. 

After dinner we took the girls to the kids club, settled the baby to sleep and headed off to Palo.

Palo was everything I dreamed of.  We had a fabulous meal and we both got the chocolate souffle.

and best of all the staff helped us celebrate our 10th wedding anniversary


After Palo, we picked up the girls from the kids club and put them to bed.  Once everyone was settled we headed out to the adult bars to meet up with people from the group.

That night we met Dana, Collin, Chip, Nolan and Shelley's mom (yes that is how she introduced herself).  We started in Pink and then made our way to Cityscape.  We had a great evening and were fast friends.

Finally at 12:30 we headed off to bed.

2 comments:

  1. I still can't believe mom was introducing herself as my mom and not as Jo! People kept coming up to me saying " oh you are Shelley, I met your mom!"

    Silly mommy! She said it was because I'm more active on the boards, Facebook, and twitter.

    ReplyDelete
  2. happy anniversary!!!! i would just like the vanilla sauce in an extra large pitcher.

    ReplyDelete