Disney Dream

Disney Dream

Monday, March 28, 2011

Feb 28 - Day 2 "the Lou Roast and an engagement"

 Note:  I forgot the most important thing of day one of the cruise.  When you board you get announced.  Well my daughter Gillian 9 and I along with the baby were a little behind the rest of our group, so we were asked who was boarding and Gillian said "Gillian".   The smile and excitement on her face as her name was announced over the mic as she walked on the dream is one of the moments she will never forget.


Day 2

I thought I would be smart and order room service for breakfast. I picked between 8 and 8:30 for it to arrive, however I guess everyone had the same idea as it didn't arrive until 8:40.  It was a crazy morning, I quickly realized that I was going to be rushed to arrived for the first group meet at 9am.  My fabulous husband decided that I could go to the meet and he would get the kids to their kids club and he would skip the meet.

The Meet was filled with moments.  It started with announcing winners of the Bingo and my new friend Collin won (brunch at Palo's)  The great thing for him was he didn't have a reservation at Palo.  Next were some trivia questions and a moment I will never forget.

The first two people were asked fairly easy questions,  the third Angela was asked who the nine old men were.  This of course was a much harder question.  Her boyfriend was brought on the stage to help her, of course she said (he doesn't know anything).  He was given the mic to answer the question.

He then proceeded to ask her to marry him.  I get tears in my eyes just thinking about the moment.   There was not a dry eye in the room.


Next was a surprise for Lou.

There were a few words from Beci, Deanna, Lou's brother Fred, a video from Glen and of course Tony and his photos.

I have to say I enjoyed every minute.
I enjoyed every minute and it was a great way to start the cruise.  This is also where we picked up the crazy crazy scavenger hunt, that I spent way too much time working on.  Including buying a beverage just to find out what was in it.   I did meet a whole bunch of great cast members who were enjoying trying to assists us as well.


Today we were at Nassau, but I never got off the ship, I did however take one photo to prove I was there

After the cruise meet, I met back up with my husband and we went off to pick up the baby and have lunch together.

The ship was so big, yet amazingly Sarah never had trouble finding us.  Sarah spent some time decorating out door.  She also designed the large magnet to help us celebrate our 10th anniversary.  We didn't place in the door decorating contest, but it sure made it easier to find our room.

 Today was the day that Sarah and I walked every deck to hand out our treats to fellow cruisers.  We also did the interactive detective game.  Afterwards Sarah and Meagan went off to ride the Aqua duck, while Ashley and I met Lilo.
 Dinner was at Enchanted Gardens.  It is hard to find if you don't take the midship elevators.  The doors to the area just blend into the hall.  I loved this restaurant.   This was the night that once the ship started moving again (even though it was very calm), that my poor Meagan got seasick.  She didn't eat dinner, and had to go back to the room before dinner was over.  After a little rest and some sea bands, she perked up and even went swimming with her dad.
 That night,  Jeff went to see Tron, while I went and joined myy new friends at evolution.  It was the first night that I was there until after close.  As you can see from the photos we all were having a great time.




 Photos were taken by "Sober Guy ", he knows who he is and at the time I didn't even know his name, but that is another story.  Thanks for the great photos for me.


1 comment:

  1. Great cruise reviews!!

    I guess I'm always going to be known as that girl who got engaged on the Disney Dream! :D It was such a huge surprise! I think I was the only one who didn't cry- I was too shocked! I did cry listening to Lou's podcast recap about it though haha

    ReplyDelete