Disney Dream

Disney Dream

Friday, November 16, 2012

Getting there is half the battle

So if I am traveling a major storm must always head my way.

In December 2007 a major snow storm hit southern Ontario.  I remember stressing at the airport, my non refundable Christmas Tickets for that night and my Cinderella's Royal Table reservation at 6:30pm.  I sat there watching the plows at the airport clear a spot only to have it filled immediately with snow a second later.  In the end it we left 2 hours late not because of  the planes were not taking off, but because the staff couldn't get to the airport by road.
Ashley I bought you a seat on the plane

you really don't have to go in my suitcase.
 


So let's leave in October, not a huge chance of a major storm, who would have thought a hurricane would effect Toronto.  We went to bed not knowing if our flight would take off the next day.  I tried not to stress this time, I had no plans for October 30th, but I did have 3 excited kids.

Thankfully our flight took off on time and we made it to Orlando as planned.

Getting out of the airport and to the Beachclub was seamless, thanks to Magical express and our luggage magically arriving in our room.  Check in was painful.  I had a person who was very meticulous that it took 30 minutes to check in.  I would always to precheck in now.

Finally in our rooms and they were beautiful. It was already 4pm.  We took a walk around our resort to check out our surroundings.  Then off  to Beaches and Cream for Dinner. 

I felt like a huge Disney geek, when I recognized our server from being in the box at home.  She was fabulous, we were tired from traveling but really enjoyed our meal

 
 
 

After eating we headed out to storm a long bay for a swim, now the temperature was 18 degrees celcius, and the pool is heated.  Being a former lifeguard I know all about guarding in cold weather, but never did we guard at this temperature in winter hats and mitts.  Jeff and I giggled about this.  Here we were enjoying the warmth  and they were that cold.

After a swim we changed, showered and wound down from our long travel day. 

I was asleep by 8pm.

No comments:

Post a Comment