Disney Dream

Disney Dream

Friday, November 23, 2012

Epcot Food and Wine

The one thing I had never been to and always wanted to attend was food and wine.  Our original plan was to wander Epcot daily and taste the food as we went, however the children this trip wanted to spend more time in Magic Kingdom than in Epcot.

So Thursday November 1, we put both children in the on site Castle club, for the evening and Jeff , Ashley and I headed to Epcot.

Epcot is just beside the beach club so it takes no time to walk there at all.

We started by getting our food and wine wrist band, and we were off.  The crowds were really light and the lines were really short.

Our first stop was Ireland, here we both had the Warm Chocolate Lava Cake.
Yes starting our evening off with dessert.  It was heavenly.

Next we stopped at Canada

I finally got to try the Cheese soup.  We also had the Wild Mushroom Beef Fillet Mignon with Truffle butter sauce.  Now I hate mushrooms, but this was heavenly.  (I didn't eat the mushrooms though, I gave those to Jeff).

Next Stop Greece.

Here Jeff had the Spanakopita and I had the Greek salad. 

This was the point we realized that we were already getting full as we didn't share, we each got our own serving.

We didn't see anything we wanted to try in the next few booths.  I am personally don't like anything with curry or anything too spicy so there was quite a bit of food I wouldn't eat.

In Australia: this is our favourite booth.
Jeff because of the Grilled Lamb Chop with Mint Pesto and Potato Crunchies
and Me because of the Shiraz Cabernet.

We continue to wander around, both of us already full, but checking out menus at each booth.  We enjoyed our stroll around Epcot.  By this point Ashley had fallen asleep in the stroller. 

In Germany Jeff tried some beer, somewhere I tried another sample of wine, though I have no idea where it came from now.

In France I had the Crème brûlée au Chocolat au lait, which was fabulous.  I also noticed that staff working this booth were actually french, unlike most of the other staff members working the booth were not from that country. 

It took us just over an hour and half to walk around world showcase.  Then we headed back to our hotel.  It was a fabulous night.

No comments:

Post a Comment